SC-MX20EL Card Error
The following issues can cause a 'Card Error' message:
- The Locked tab is set on the Memory Card.
- Incompatible Memory Card.
- The Memory Card in the camera is defective. Try inserting another memory card.
Unlock your SD/SDHC Card
To unlock your SD/SDHC card, follow these steps:
- Find the switch on the left side of the card. See the illustration below.
- Move the switch up to unlock the card.
- Reinsert your card into the camcorder, and then turn on the camcorder.
Compatible Memory Cards
We recommend you use:
- SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) memory cards with 512MB to 16GB of storage.
- MMCplus memory cards with 512MB to 16GB of storage.
Note: SDHC and MMC plus memory cards larger than 16GB may not work properly.
You can also use some SD memory cards. However, SD cards over 2GB are not compatible with this camcorder.
Memory cards of the correct size from the manufacturers below are guaranteed to work:
SD & SDHC
Panasonic, SanDisk, Toshiba
For optimal performance of your camcorder, ensure that you purchase a fast speed memory card that supports a write speed of at least 2MB/sec. This will allow you to record video smoothly.
If you have tried more than one SDHC/MMC card and the same error appears, your camcorder requires service. Click the Create Online Service Request button below to start the repair process.