BD-P4600 How To Update The Firmware - USB Flash Drive Method
The USB Update method is NOT available for the following models:
Before you begin
- Your player needs to be connected to your television.
- The TV and Blu-ray Player need to be powered on.
- Your TV needs to be tuned to the appropriate input for Blu-ray viewing.
- You need to remove all files from your flash drive so your flash drive is empty.
To update the firmware using a USB flash drive, follow the steps below:
- Connect the USB Flash drive to your PC.
- Click here to go to the Download Center at Samsung.com.
- Find your model number in the drop down options.
- Click the firmware tab.
- Locate the USB Firmware update file in the Description column (not to be confused with the Update by CD).
- Click on the ZIP file to begin downloading and save the file to a convenient location.
- Right click the ZIP file and select Extract Here to extract the RUF file.
Important: If the file that is extracted is an .ISO file, you have downloaded the CD firmware update. Please delete this file and download the USB firmware update.
- Highlight and right click the .RUF file and select copy.
- Open “My Computer” and locate the USB Flash device. Paste the .RUF file into the device’s main directory.
- Safely disconnect the USB device. (Right click on the green arrow in the taskbar and select “Safely Remove Hardware”.)
Installing the Firmware Update
- Turn the player on and verify that there is no disc in the player.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the USB port on the back of the player.
- The player will verify the firmware on the USB device. Once verified, a dialogue box appears asking, "Do you want to Update Firmware?". Select YES and press Enter on the remote control. The update will begin.
- The update will take several minutes. When complete, the power will turn off. Remove the USB Flash drive from the player and power the player back on.
- After powering the player back on you will be prompted to select a language. Select your preferred language. This will complete the firmware upgrade.
Important: Please allow several minutes for the language screen to appear. In the event it does not appear, the firmware installation may have been unsuccessful. Verify that the firmware has been successfully installed by following the instructions below.
To verify that the new f/w has been installed
With the power on and the disc tray open, press and hold the INFO button on the remote control. The firmware information will be listed.